A slushy mix of art and non-art that I use as references for my own art.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Nora Fok

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ben showed me this person two years ago or something, I was going through my favorites and rediscovered how awesome she was. I just went to the Druid Hill Botanical Garden today and kept thinking about these pieces. I like the idea of a wearable sculpture that still radically differs from the norm of jewelery. Here is her website. At the garden I literally saw agave that were this big!! It was amazing.

Also, in lieu of the late and phenomenal Louise Bourgeoise, I thought I would put up this picture of my favorite sculpture OF ALL TIME. I mean it. When I saw the retrospective at the hirshhorn I actually touched it when the security guard turned around. And it felt amazing.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers