A slushy mix of art and non-art that I use as references for my own art.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Eliminating the clutter

Some of these things have been sitting on my desktop for a month and they are beginning to weigh me down. I'm extricating these things here.

Hussein Chalayan's recent video, where strange men follow models and slightly flutter their garments behind them.

Photobucket

I think that Dana might have put this here and I think it might be her cat but I"m not entirely sure. But it makes me feel nice so here it is.

Photobucket

This is what happens when you type bad words into google.

Photobucket

It's been hard to think about anything stimulating lately, when I've just been staring at retail all day and when it's raining 24/7. When people shop they barely even think. It is frightening. They just have these vacant expressions on their faces and float around. I am constantly bumping into people that simply aren't paying attention. Are they fantasizing about all of the future that they could have with the objects in front of them? About how it will improve their quality of live forever? This photograph by Brian Ulrich looks as if it has to be staged, but I know that it is not. People constantly have this exact expression upon their faces when inside of a store.

Photobucket

This picture exemplifies the less fantastic reality of what the person is looking at. How can an environment like this possibly be pleasant? It obviously must be for someone or else it would'nt work as well as it does.

Photobucket

Here is what I've spent most of my time looking at, as opposed to art. Hopefully after this season I will get to see something a bit nicer.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers