A slushy mix of art and non-art that I use as references for my own art.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Karla Black

Karla Black makes sculptures with the same vein of materials that I am interested in. The glossy, the ephemeral, and the hyper-processed. This is why I am intrigued. Lots of images of her work at the Mary Mary gallery.

Karla Black

Platonic Solid (detail) 2009
Plaster powder, powder paint, sugar paper, chalk, lipstick

Karla Black

Made To Wait 2009
Cellophane, sellotape, paint, toothpaste, hair gel, nail varnish, moisturising cream

Photobucket

Photobucket

Don’t Adapt, Detach 2009
Cellophane, paint, sellotape, spray deodorant, athlete’s foot spray, glitter eyeliner, hair gel

Photobucket

[Installation view, this title describes the floor piece. I am unsure about the one above it.]
Surplus Is A Given 2009
Petroleum jelly, paint, body moisturising creams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers