A slushy mix of art and non-art that I use as references for my own art.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Can't we talk about music a bit?

I try to keep the music side of my life away from this blog, but it would be ridiculous of me to say that it dose not influence my art, because it probably does more so than anything visual. [It was listening to music that made me decide to be a visual artist in the first place.]

On the 3rd I saw Mogwai play that the 9:30 club in D.C., and I had the unique pleasure to see them perform their 30+ min opus My Father My King. It very nearly may be the most dramatic thing I have ever seen in my entire life. "Music to split the red sea to." As my friend said it perfectly.



This got me thinking about other records which have inspired me visually...there is quite a number of them. Here they are, not in any particular order.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


[Air: Talkie Walkie; Radiohead: Kid A; Matmos: The Civil War; Johnny Greenwood: Bodysong; Mogwai: Happy Songs For Happy People; Bjork: Vesperitine; Holy Fuck: Holy Fuck; The Flaming Lips: Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots; Rachel's: Systems/Layers]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers